01: Love Relationship with God, Part 1
Outcome #1: Nurturing a Love Relationship with God, Part 1
Rev. Adrian De Visser (Sri Lanka)
Because this clip is a sample lesson, it is an expanded introduction on the subject. So there is actually a little bit of overlap with the content that Pastor Adrian shared in Part 2 (clip 002.)
- Matthew 22:37
- Acts 4:1-22 (esp v. 13)
- John 14:15
- Revelation 2:2-5 (cf. Acts 18)
- Isaiah 40:31
Reflection Questions for discussion
GROUPS: Discuss these questions in pairs.
INDIVIDUALS: Write down your responses.
- What impacted you from this message?
- In your ministry so far, what are specific ways in which you have you valued strategy over nurturing a love relationship with God?
- When have you experienced “drift” in your relationship with God? What can you do to avoid drift?
“When the breadth of your ministry increases, make sure the depth of your walk also increases proportionately.”
— Stephen Olford
- What would observers of your ministry say that you emphasize as the key driver of your ministry success?
- Wisdom and experience?
- Education and knowledge?
- Visionary thinking and faith?
- Ministry skills and competence?
- Ability to relate to others?
- Something else?
- Enrolled Participants: Click the Reflection Question link and take a few moments to write down your next strategic step…
- Guests: This has been a sample lesson. We hope you enjoyed this small taste of what an Asian Access training session is like.
Note that this is a sample lesson, open for non-members. You have access to this lesson to get a taste of what Asian Access is like.
estimated time to complete: 35 mins
- Video: 23:12
- Discussion/Reflection: 12 minutes
Key Points in this Session
- Why a love relationship with God is more essential than ministry strategy when it comes to being effective.
- There are certain ministry drivers we exhibit; what are yours?